Thursday 13 November 2014

Muskets and Tomahawks - The Peninsular War 1807-1814


As I mentioned in the Extra Life post I'm planning on making two Muskets and Tomahawks forces to play Sharpe and his Chosen Men against the French during the Peninsular War. Just like the earliest episodes of Sean Bean's series.

Since starting Bolt Action a few months back I've been looking into other historical periods that'd be fun to play and interested me. I was looking hard at Saga: Dark Ages Skirmish Game, and I'm not ruling it out at all. :) But more importantly it led me to Studio Tomahawks Muskets and Tomahawks. The game is actually a rule set for playing skirmish games in the French Indian Wars (1754-1763) in North America, but I'm pretty sure with the right troop selections it do the Napoleonic job nicely.

I'd looked around for a rule set, most of what I found was for larger scale games and the excellent looking Sharp Practice Napoleonic skirmish game just didn't feel right for me. I heard of Muskets and Tomahawks on the Meeples & Miniatures podcast, their review was great with a lot of detail. The sound of how it played and the numbers of models used was perfect. Plus the missions and secondary missions really tempted me.

So I got a hold of the rules and worked out some army lists and have put in an order for the models I need from Warlord Games and Perry Miniatures. Next post I'll look into the lists a little and the models I've ordered, Right now I can't wait for them to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment