Saturday 25 February 2012

Brother Alatar - Personal Log

Well, Brother Alatar of Killteam Apache has submitted a mission log. That is great news for him as he has been rewarded an extra 1000 Exp. to spend before the up coming mission. It's good news for the rest of the Killteam also however, as you all receive an extra 500 Exp.

So I implore you all to submit to me via the vox-network some form of detailed information. Everyone who does will also receive the full 1000 Exp. bonus whilst also providing an additional 500 to each other member of the Killteam.

Suggestions for what you may submit follow:
A Mission Log covering a Killteam action since The Depths of Atonement
A Mission Log from your time within your own chapter
A Personal Log describing an important event for your character
Another written piece of your suggestion



Personal Log – regarding outpost Alpha 1347 recapture.

It happened so fast, but then that’s the way it should. Speed is always necessary. There were twelve of us, 10 bikes and two speeders. In we sped in tight formation, our black battle armour and winged helmets striking fear into the weak minded orks. It should have been so simple, but we were just unaware of the danger. The orks had attacked the outpost, our job was simple; recapture it.

The ground sped past the orks moved into a defensive formation and grouped themselves together. The fools, it would be so easy. Multiple missiles left their enclosures and the orks doom was assured. My head burst in pain, my hand slipped from the throttle and my speeder slowed. I didn’t know it at the time but psychic forces had been unleashed. The missiles struck a strange barrier and exploded. Unable to stop my squad collided with the barrier, the explosions from the missiles still fresh. My battle brothers were extinguished in the blink of an eye. I was only saved by luck and lack of momentum. With the orks laughing I leapt from my crashing speeder. I landed neatly and trained my bolter on the first ork. It died with a bolt through its forehead. My speeder careened into the side of their group killing six or so more. Roughly a dozen remained but I wasn’t as alone as I thought. A battle brother was striding out of the outpost towards me. I had never seen this brother before but he was a fellow Dark Angel, but not from a unit i recognized. We had them flanked, they would soon be destroyed.

We both closed on the orks and I drew my bolter. My fellow brother levelled his bolter and we both fired. My shot was true and ripped the shoulder from an ork. His bolt missed the orks and hit my bolter and was knocked clean out of my hand. What ill fortune was upon us? It was then that I heard it, my battle brother was issuing commands, TO THE ORKS!. “Finish him” he said and the orks closed in. Had he fallen to chaos? What was going on? I grasped the only thing I could find, a rough branch. I swung at the orks and again, screaming “In the name of the Emperor I smite you” My head exploded in
pain, a blue sheen appeared around the branch and fire erupted forth from its tip. A cone of fire like a flamer shot out and burned the orks to a crisp. The fallen brother just laughed and retrieved something from the floor. He mounted a bike and drew level with me.
The sound was glorious, several krak missiles were inbound and moving in fast behind were two members of the Deathwing in their terminator armour. The fallen brother extended his arm, again there was pain in my head, and the strange barrier reappeared. The missiles exploded. “We will meet again” were his final words and he sped off. My injuries got the better of me and I collapsed. The Brothers of Deathwing retrieved me and my fallen companions.

I sometimes wish I had died there and then, to live with the shame of what I have now been told about Luther and the fallen will be hard. But it appears that I am still useful to Emperor and Dark Angels alike; I have Psychic powers and, while recovering, have been trained as a librarian. I am to be initiated later today into the Deathwing and will hunt down these fallen angels until they are destroyed or I draw my last breath. But before I go and join the first company I have been asked to report to Inquisitor Drake Pendragon, who is he and what does he want?

Remember: To Forget is to Forgive, Never Forget!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent brother Alatar, Never Give in! I am pleased to report your armour has been reforged and I hope to bring holo images to Ordos Xenos soon, If I ever get any downtime
    Tiberius

    ReplyDelete