Sunday 5 February 2012

Giant Samurai Grey Knights

First none Deathwatch related post (the story intro will resume after the weekend). I am planning on creating a new Space Marine army, my Knights Templar that got me back into the hobby around '04 time don't look all that special now and after seeing Kromlech's Samurai helmets I knew what I wanted to do.


Samurai Grey Knights!

The reason for picking the Grey Knights codex was the elite nature, I figured this would allow me to focus more on the individual models and keep to my goal of making a force that looks something special. Spending a few days looking for further inspiration I picked up a moulds block to help me create the Samurai look. As I played around with the figure I was pleased, but then I remembered something I'd seen a while back. True Scale Space Marines. Some searching around on the net led me to the works of the Master of the Forge. This guy is amazing and I realise that I won't be achieving anything like his works but they are an inspirational goal.

Artscale Grey Knights by the Master of the Forge.
So to go along side my first box of Grey Knights I went and picked up a box of the Termies as well. This evening as my friend over from England tries out Skyrim I've done a bit of blu-tac trialling and I like what I am seeing.
Artscale Grey Knight next to a regular Space Marine of the Knights Templar Chapter

3 comments:

  1. jamster, looking good. You'll have to upscale your vehicles too! mind you, will this mean an upscale in your dice results? would like to see some red in with the steel to keep the samurai look? I'll try to send you some Apache shots tomoz, Wot are you calling your new army? something, samurai-ish? Bushido, clan bukkake?
    Tiberius

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a bad, depraved man. If upscaled vehicles become required then it will have to be a Chapter House Studios Stormraven upgrade. I'm already worried about being in over my head as is, Plasticarding tanks as well sounds downright scary. Some new photos sound great, thanks. I'll have to think about some names for the force, maybe something less subtle like 'The Katana Brotherhood' or maybe try and find something more subtle that I'm too tired to think of now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. plasticard and scratchbuild sounds so awesome..to begin with but then the actuality sinks in and it's a lot more difficult in the plastic than in your head. For those hobby dudes who do scratch build my admiration, I think masters of the forge extra bits for your storm raven will have to do.

    ReplyDelete