Wednesday 22 February 2012

"A Classic Greyhawk Adventure"


Last night I joined a Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 campaign. The DM, an old friend and one of the players in my Deathwatch campaign had asked me if I was interested in joining their new group over Skype and I jumped at the chance. I hadn't played any D&D since our 4th ed. adventure/party fell apart shortly after completing Keep on the Shadowfell (H-1) when it was new. Now some of the old group along with a younger generation had got together and were going up against the original AD&D module T-1 with a 3.5 shine to it. They had cleared the moat house and got underway to the temple as I joined them.

In a blaze of raw combat prowess and polyhedral good fortune the party was introduced to one Steffen Hawk, Paladin of Heironeous. As you can imagine the party rogue was overjoyed.

All in all the group seems great and after five hours of dungeon crawling and illusion fearing we found a safe bolt hole, dinged (Lvl. 5), killed a par of 9th level villains and, I hope, became a party of six.

Steffen, a human found himself allying with:
Talin, an elf mage who wants to learn to control flames.
Lokken, a human barbarian with a prelude to bad fortune.
Mathryn, a human monk with a mighty beard.
Aelidia, an elf rogue of great beauty and deviousness.
Teal, a gnome druid and his mongrel companion.




As a bonus during the game I also got some nice base coating done on my prototype Artscale Grey Knight.
Plenty of tidying up before he is even base coated properly. 
But as a concept I am liking it more and more.

1 comment:

  1. the samurai grey knights looking good, the bionic implants for brothers Alatar and Makradon arrived today, just waiting for Alatars armour, improvements to the aegis hood mean Alatar will not require a helmet, the replacement for his arm lost in battle is being rigoursly tested so that his grip on his bolter be a firm one. the bionics for Makradon's head have taken well and his new inbuilt targeting array is functioning to expectations. due to time limitations, talk of requisition has been rife, I humbly request that personal req is limited to ammo, maybe group req for another servo arm for Makradon? I have passed on your answer to Arius re his special request, he is eager to don his armour in your service....Tiberius out.

    ReplyDelete