Monday 3 September 2012

DreadBall Arena–Name that Stadium

Dreadball Banner

The Kickstarter for Dreadball has been running for just over a week now and is doing great, $137k and rising. If anyone hasn’t seen it (unlikely I know) check it out, I wrote some first opinions of it here and haven’t been disappointed. The stretch goals to this point have been grand, nothing out of the box, but we still have four weeks and I’m expecting some big things.

Jake Thornton, the designer of the game has been releasing a series of articles on his blog, Quirkworthy. So far he has covered a bunch of rules and game concepts that shed some light on the game beyond Mantic’s great responses on the KS page and Frontline Gamer’s & War and Peace’s previews of the game on their own blogs. Again I recommend everyone to read these articles if you want to know more about the game, especially Jake’s.

OK, on to the point of this post. I plan to make a pitch for Dreadball. This is a project that goes beyond what I can manage really, but given my success (albeit slow) with my Tru-scale Grey Knights I’m willing to reach. I have gone through the cupboards and been down to the hardware store and collected together this pile of resources.
IMG_1649
That’s a few wooden boards, some coloured folders, battery powered lights, some cardboard and a can of black spray.
Combined with some maths:  Hexagon Dimensions I’m ready to start.

And that’s where I realised I have no decent name for my stadium (pitch) or my Corporation Team that’ll be playing there. What I'd love people to do is suggest names for both in the comments section of this post. That’s a name for the pitch and a name for the Corporation Team that will be calling it home field.

Please, Get commenting…

No comments:

Post a Comment