Sunday 26 August 2012

Riding Rough

A few things have happened with my plans for new 40k as I've gone over the rules and my codex's. First I've come to love the idea of Fortifications, with them being so Imperial influenced so far and most of my 40k collections being  of the Imperium they fit lovely. Allies are also the thing for me, my Space marines are my only truly finished force, and I just don't have the desire to use them right now, this leaves me with my barely started Samurai Grey Knights and my not much further along Imperial Guard. Painting up my Ageis Defence Line was great fun as t was such a quick little project, the photographing it with my IG got me all keen on doing some more work on them.

So for this weeks #MiniatureMonday on Twitter I present my Rough Riders, or at least the first five of them.


Now as you can see, there are still three bases to go, I'm out of the modeling clay I was using for them. I think I'll be ordering these Desert Basin bases from Secret Weapon Miniatures for the army so I'm not going to rush to finish that part of the job. The bikes come from the British firm Ramshackle Games, I bought a load of them with and without legs ages ago to use as Rough Riders and am very pleased with the look.

Bandanna Dude on the left is throwing an explosive charge made of plasticard that represents hunting lances, the rest of the squad have them attached to their bikes ready to be used.

As always, I'd love to know what people think. Let me know either here or on Twitter @DrakePoldragon

Upcoming is another look at how things are going on Kickstarter and I intend to take on the awful task of cataloguing my unpainted model collection. These two topics are not 100% unrelated. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment