Thursday 30 August 2012

What I Read (Focused) - Scorpius GLC's Tyrants Legion

So Scorpius GLC's latest blog is about how he has completed his 2000pts Tyrants Legion army already. Taken from the Badab Wars Forge World books this army combines Space Marines and Imperial Guard in one force. He has done a fantastic job on this army, conversions, classic models Forge World, giant flyers, he's got it all. That's all I intend to say about it, here is his post; please follow the link to his site and tell him what you think of his work.

Praise to the Tyrant - 2000pts Tyrants Legion Force
chaosbig
Hi guys and gals, how’s your New 40k: New Army projects coming along?
I have completed my 2000pts (I like to jump both feet in!!), I do have a few extra bits to add to the force as the project is going to be on/off for the next year as I work my force up in size along with Chaos Bringers Minotaurs Army & SNAGA101′s Red Scorpions. The reason I say on off is I have a lot more free time to work on my projects and am just over 1000pts ahead of them. I will be getting around to documenting my build and their projects on YouTube over the next few weeks!
So my force, selected from the Tyrants Legion Army List in the Badab War Vol.1 Book from Forge World:
HQ CHOICE 1: LUGFT HURON & HONOUR GUARD SQUAD
The Lugft Huron model from Forge World is AMAZING!!! the details are crisp and clean and was a wonderful model to paint! The honour Guard were made from kit bashing Space Marine Assault Squad arms with the Space Marine Command Sprue parts and the Steam Knight Models from Anvil Industry. The Relic Blades are from Scibor Miniatures. I really wanted this squad to be unique and I think the armour and weapons do the job well!
Photobucket

HQ CHOICE 2: AUXILIA COMMAND SQUAD
TROOP CHOICE 3: AUXILIA ARMSMEN CADRE & CHIMERA TRANSPORT

This unit is made up of Rogue Trader Era Guardsmen and the Titan Princep from Forge World represents the Commander of the Auxilia forces working within the Tyrants Legion, When the force breaks above the 2000pts mark this will be a Imperial Guard HQ for my allies and will be mounted inside a Centaur.
Photobucket
HQ CHOICE 3: COMPULSORY FREE CHOICE – LEGION CENTURION
This was the test model I made for this force, I have to hae one in my force if it is more than 1500pts and I built the model from the command sprue, tactical sprue, Devastator sprue and the Dark Angels sprue.
Photobucket
TROOP CHOICE 1 – COMPULSORY CHOICE – AUXILIA SQUAD
this squad must be present in any sized list and is made from the standard Cadian Boxed set. I painted this as the second thing for the army as I wanted to get the bulk painting over and done with. I chose to decorate the shoulder plates of armour with the colours of the Legion and I feel it helps to unify the force.
Photobucket
HQ CHOICE 2: SPACE MARINE COHORT SQUAD
This was a cool unit to build, it was kitbashed a little and has Forge World & Anvil Industry Shoulder Pads. I really enjoyed painting these and varnished them with a new can of purity seal…….they turned white :( but managed to pull them back to this
Photobucket
This was a straight from the box build and went for a battered armour look as they had been in many wars!
Photobucket
ELITES CHOICE 1: ASSAULT TERMINATOR SQUAD
This unit has parts from Assault on Black Reach, Anvil Industry & Scibor Shoulder Pads as well as 2 Scibor Storm Shields.
Photobucket
HEAVY SUPPORT CHOICE 1: VINDICATOR
Photobucket
HEAVY SUPPORT CHOICE 2 – STORM EAGLE
Always getting in to the thick of the battle I painted my Storm Eagle as Battered and Bruised!
Photobucket

WELL I HOPE THAT YOU LIKE MY FIRST 2000pts OF MY TYRANTS LEGION AND WILL BE UPDATING THIS OVER THE COMING MONTHS! THANKS ONCE AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment